Turmeric is hotter than ever right now, isn’t it? It’s anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antiseptic, anti-everything bad, and it turns your fingers a beautiful shade of Simpsons-esque yellow every time it touches your skin!
I see it seemingly everywhere – Golden Lattes are the second hottest thing behind Rainbow Lattes in NYC at this juncture – and its certainly easy enough to pop a little into your morning smoothie. The turmeric, plus a hit of cinnamon and black pepper, go well with the sweet banana.
This is insanely easy to whip together. If you are like me, you can bulk it up a little more as well with your favorite collagen peptide or protein powder. You’ll feel superhuman in no time!
Banana Turmeric Smoothie
(Serves 1; roughly 1 & 1/2 cups of smoothie)
– 1 medium to large banana
– 1 cup milk of choice (I use Malk Organics unsweetened cashew milk)
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (used to activate turmeric)
– 1 scoop collagen peptides or protein powder (optional; I use Vital Proteins Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Peptides)
1.) Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend until combined. DRINK.